Start Here

2»

Comments

• He spells colour wrong as well  :)
    But let's not do all this again Tracey  :D
  • Hello all, very glad to have found my way here! :-) 

Thanks for having me even though I've been a fair-weather member at mwc somewhat, heh. Interesting watching how this takes shape, been feeling rather homeless myself!
  • Welcome Sharon.  And serious -- enough of this apology.  As Mark has said, you are here at the right time.   Glad to have you and your input.

• Welcome :)
  • Thanks! And T... right-o, no more, I shall cease and desist pronto ;) 
  • Catherine said:
    Hi Dave ! Would we be neighbours ??
      Actually I live in Hamburg but my wife's family come from Vendee in the mid-north west of thefrench coast so we are here for a week. And you?
  • Tracy said:
    Welcome Dave!  My parochial ears hear for the first time the phrase "out west in France." I bet its amazing.  From where I understood you reside, I imagined France to be some distance.

Well, take a breath. get your bearings, and tell us you'd love to be Moderator.  :)

I'd need spome instructions, starting with changing my name from duck2 toDave as I seem to have ignored the new social norms and pretended to hide myself. No fake news anymore.
  • It appears the tentative protocol is that we will have screen names for the poetry adn crits, etc., and then different names/identities to use when we are acting in a Moderator capacity.  Duck and Duck2 might not do the do.  :)

Any Q's, drab can you catch you up quick-like.

• duck2 said:
    Catherine said:
    Hi Dave ! Would we be neighbours ??
      Actually I live in Hamburg but my wife's family come from Vendee in the mid-north west of thefrench coast so we are here for a week. And you?
    Down south, in Gers (between Toulouse and les Pyrenees) Hope you managed through tempests and tsunamis :)
  • edited January 5
    I'm setting it up so we can use full names if desired, so for my admin role, I'm sticking with CP as kind of minor in-joke (that only I think is funny) and using Marc Gilbert as my user name. 

This is something you guys may want to think about if we implement the showcase feature that Mark suggested, Your poems will be there under your real names. 

If we do this right, I picture that area/page as almost an online publication: the mods vote Monthly/Quarterly? on the best stuff and then publish it? Technically that will qualify for actually publication and the author can list it ass a credit. We'll of course have to develop a rep as publishing quality stuff, etc. But it's a nice goal.